Sunday, May 27, 2012

FindTheBest


I’ve never wanted to commercialize my blog. You won’t find banner ads or pop-ups on SW Oregon Architect. It isn’t because I don’t think I’d earn enough income to justify their presence (I’d need a lot more eyeballs on my blog than is the case now to make that happen); it’s primarily a matter of wanting to keep my blog a personal venture. I regard it as a forum for my own education, commentary, and criticism. I’ve never viewed it as a way to generate pocket change.

I was approached this past week by Richard Taylor of FindTheBest.com. FindTheBest is an unbiased, data-driven comparison engine website that organizes and presents data in a consumer-friendly format. Using the comparison engine, consumers can make quick and informed decisions based on what’s important to them. FindTheBest wants to become the definitive destination for finding the information people need to make choices.

The website obtains its information from three sources: Public databases, primary sources (manufacturer websites) and expert sources. A research team reviews all third party edits and listing submissions before approving them.

FindTheBest recently launched a comprehensive CAD software comparison that allows users to filter and sort their searches based on features, price, effects, and platforms. After filtering the initial results, users are able to compare products side-by-side to pick the software that best suits their needs.

Richard thinks readers of this blog will find the CAD software comparisons available at FindTheBest valuable and of high quality. I’m inclined to agree so I’ve added the link to its CAD comparison page in my “Sites of Interest” sidebar.(1)

I’m intrigued by FindTheBest because of its claim to present facts about consumer products “stripped of any marketing influence.” Given the proliferation of CAD software options and continual changes in the technology, we all can benefit from a tool which helps us distinguish objective information about competing products. 

(1) Richard said SW Oregon Architect will be added to the site's blog comparison listing. I guess I’ll see if such a listing results in more visits to my blog.

No comments: