- The public is provided with the opportunity to view your firm’s individual projects.
- The picture and written description of the individual category winners are published in the AIA/SWO Register Guard Insert. A full-color version of the Register Guard Insert will also be posted on the Register Guard website for three additional months (through 12/31/08).
- Boards will be displayed at Oveissi & Co. during the Eugene Celebration and at the Midtown Arts Center the week following. AIA/SWO is also pursuing other opportunities to display the boards throughout the month of September at different locations in Eugene. In addition, the exhibit will move to the Corvallis Public Library in November.
- The picture and written description of all the winners will be posted on the AIA/SWO website.
- The winners will be celebrated at the September AIA/SWO Chapter meeting and dinner.
- For architecture and interiors, the entrant must be an architect, associate, or allied member of AIA/SWO. Landscape architecture projects may be submitted by AIA/SWO and ASLA members.
- The entrant must have primary design responsibility.
- Projects must be completed within the last (2) years.
- Projects may be located anywhere in the world.
- Projects cannot have been submitted any previous year.
- Each project submitted requires a separate entry form.
- Intent to Enter forms are due September 6, 2008.
- Entry fee for firms with 5 or fewer employees: $75 per submission (1), payable to AIA-Southwestern Oregon.
- Entry fee for firms with more than 5 employees: $135 per submission (1), payable to AIA-Southwestern Oregon.
- One rigid display board for each project entered. The board may not exceed 30”x 40” and must be capable of being stable and supported by easels provided by AIA/SWO.
- Each submission must recognize all participants involved in the design process.
- In addition to the project boards, entrants must provide a compact disk containing one digital photograph (JPEG or PDF) and a brief written description of the project (Microsoft Word or PDF). CDs will be accepted at the time of presentation board delivery.
Bring your submission(s) to the venue at Oveissi & Co, located at 1 East Broadway, by 2 pm on Friday, September 12.
- Single-Family Residential
- Multi-family Housing
- Commercial Public/Institutional
- Residential Landscape
- Multi-family Landscape
- Commercial/Public/Institutional Landscape
Actual categories will be determined by the number of entries.
The Intent to Enter Form is available for downloading at the AIA/SWO web site.
If you have any questions regarding this year’s People’s Choice Award entry process, contact:
72 West Broadway
Eugene, Oregon 97401
(1) If you purchased space in the AIASWO Register Guard Insert the entrance fee or a portion of the fee will be waived depending upon the amount of space purchased.